The Boards & Curriculum Leadership Institute is currently open only to residents of Baltimore City with demonstrated leadership within their communities. Participants must provide recommendation from a local community organization.
The BCLI curriculum is designed to help Fellows establish a foundation of knowledge and skills they can draw upon throughout their careers. Fellows will gain:
- Deep knowledge and integrated perspectives on transportation, land use, and housing justice as they affect low-income communities and communities of color.
- Effective communication skills, including skills to negotiate, persuade, and build and maintain strategic alliances.
- Historic and current context to understand both the structural and informal power dynamics of regional and local governments.
- Best practices from veteran advocate commissioners.
- Tools and techniques to effectively serve on commissions.
- Networking opportunities with elected officials, appointed commissioners, alumni, and staff.
Click here to apply for the BCLI Fellowship. You can complete the online form and submit supporting documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.